20101106

SUBURBAN HOME




















I love fashion, but I do not consider it a significant part of who I am. I would say what makes me who I am is the unconditional, fierce love I feel for those who are most important to me. I have always been a homebody. I am home when I am with the people I adore the most in this world. The things surrounding me in this dwelling -- the little belongings I see and experience on a daily basis -- are a reminder of the life I have now and what I've gone through to get here: a pair of shoes I was wearing when my husband and I realized we were going to be parents, an old Norwegian knick-knack my mother gave me when I moved into my first apartment, a plush animal I slept with as a child that now sits in my son's crib. I never pictured my life this way ten or even two years ago. I am not sure what I did to deserve the special people with whom I get to share my days, but I try not to ask questions. Life is too short to not cherish and enjoy what matters most to you, whatever that may be.

22 comments:

minnja said...

thanks for sharing:)))))

Love
minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

JR said...

love this post hallie. great photos. it seems like your so happy. inspireation for me to find that thing that makes it all worth it for me <3 xxxx

La Fille Atomique said...

Honest to god, I squealed to Ray "That's the hat we got RJ!". So glad our gift made it into your blog haha

xoxo
Molly
La Fille Atomique

Sister Wolf said...

Little Bobby is scrumptious.

Ninka Frisby said...

love the shoes, love the bag, love the baby!!!

Smutstruttter said...

Good way to look deep into the pictures u take and ask for an inner description of the outside depiction.

Anonymous said...

love these pics hope to see more soon

Sister Shirley said...

Awesome pics of your family! Love the sentiments in this post, and love the pics of the meaningful things in your home. You're right, we are not defined by our possessions - our possessions at best are reminders of who we love and why we love them : )

Julia said...

Bravo. I love this little peek into your daily life, and agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. That baby is the CUTEST. And your shoes are the HOTTEST. Much love.
xoxo

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

AHAHA! I love Mini Bobby with his arm up on Big Bobby. So casual, "So what's good?"

FASHION SNAG said...

Beautiful post! Love the photo of father and son together the most. x

Leyla said...

It makes me happy when the people I follow through blogs go from strangers I occasionally leave comments for, to real people. That's when I start thinking of them as my friends. Great post!

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely post. <3 Boy looks too cute in that hat.

Heather said...

love these hal

Style Scientist said...

Hal, congratulations on the arrival of your adorable new member! I wish you and your family joy and happiness in life.

mia said...

hal you had the cuuutest lil bitty baby ever!! and i want that pink leopard bag where is it from

Crystal said...

Very sweet post and great pictures(bobby and little bobby are adorable!!!!!)
Cheers to beauty and life
hugs

El'Aundra Dolce said...

I'd love to feature you on my blog! I developed the idea for "Loyal Rewards© " & this is how I promote my followers & help them increase traffic to their blog while allowing other followers to learn more about the blogs that I feature. If you're interested my blog is at www.elaundra.com.
♥ El'Aundra

chauss said...

this is a beautiful post.
and your son ....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
may you always be this happpy.
xo chauss
http://ckparis.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Dude that tree frog ring!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to have found your blog, your pad looks quite a bit like mine. I love the way you put stuff together...I am so happy to see someone with similar taste and life style...COOL!

Anonymous said...

fear of god outlet
hermes outlet
off white clothing
hermes bag
golden goose sneakers
jordan 12
supreme outlet
jordan
off white nike
supreme hoodie